First montage of experimental techniques
During the time leading up to the second critique I was able to conduct several experiments using techniques previously outlined. I then combined these seemingly unrelated pieces into a montage driven by music and sound effects.
Research and techniques explored include:
- Further experimentation with software enhanced slow motion through After Effects
- Shooting higher framerate video for slow motion (fire poi and diving)
- Continued timelapse experimentation with 360 video around the Wintec marae
- Extraction of ‘traditional’ rectangular frames from 360 video by means of a free moving virtual camera placed within the sphere in an After Effects environment
- Application of alternative panoramic projections normally used in still panorama to the panoramic video. I.e. ‘little planet’, dynamic morphing of projections and applying Droste effects
- Sound cued video effects and edits
- Timelapse experimentation with the Stage Zero motion controlled dolly system from Dynamic Perception
- Observations of light fluctuations with increased framerates and electrical fluctuations
- Attempts at HDR timelapse with Ladybug 360 camera
- ‘Hacking’ firmware on point and shoot camera to enable portable timelapse ‘Gorilla Lapse’
- Further testing of the Lucid 360 panoramic video software
Accompanying visual presentation can be viewed below.